Thursday, June 24, 2010

summer fun



My favorite season is finally here, and I'm taking full advantage! Let's see, last Saturday I ran a 10K in Shelter Island in the Hamptons. The scenery was breathtaking. On Sunday, I went with my coworkers to Far Rockaway beach to help out with the Surfrider foundation's beach cleanup. I jumped into the ocean; the water was cool and refreshing. Finally, on Tuesday, I trekked up to Central Park for what was supposed to be the largest yoga session ever (we're talking Guinness Book material here, folks). It was such an only-in-New-York experience: An hour-long line dotted with semi-celebrities, then yoga mats as far as the eye could see. Unfortunately, the skies opened up about two sun salutations into the practice, so hordes of Lulu Lemon-clad yogis rushed for the subway. Too bad, but that's okay...still have a lot of summer ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment