Tuesday, September 14, 2010

dear New York...


...sometimes I hate you. You're dirty, expensive, and pretentious. You turn simple errands, like doing laundry or buying a piece of furniture, into a difficult ordeal. But, just when I'm ready to write you off, you give me an unexpected gem of a day. Today I started off the morning teaching nutrition to a bunch of 80-year-old Latino ladies in Rego Park, Queens, and finished the evening at a gala, feasting on steak and ogling movie stars, a twinkling skyline, and an amazing musician. (By the way, Will and Jada Pinkett Smith are impossibly charismatic. And, although I can't quite get over the fact that Robin Thicke looks exactly like his Growing Pains father, he is otherwise a very sexy R&B star.) New York, I just can't quit you.

No comments:

Post a Comment