Thursday, November 11, 2010

my week


Ever since my best friend Amie and I moved to different cities nine years ago, we've emailed almost every day. And when one of is having a crazy time, our favorite saying is: "What a week I'm having!" (preferably with your eyes all squinty and your arm crooked like Eugene Levy's in Splash). That's exactly how I feel about this week. Here's the Cliff Notes version:

On Sunday...a group of us cheered our friends Mara, Christina, and other runners in the New York marathon. Then Amanda and I jumped into the course and knocked out 7 miles through Brooklyn and Queens, then over the Queensboro bridge to Manhattan. We finished our 13-mller back over the WB bridge, and then I collapsed at home.

On Monday...After working like crazy, I went with Alice to the premiere of The King's Speech at the Ziegfeld theater. Harvey Weinstein, Helena Bonham Carter, and Colin Firth (!!!) all gave short speeches. The movie is amazing, BTW. Oscar-worthy.

On Tuesday...Monkey was bleeding from her mouth so I skipped a photo shoot I was supposed to go to and rush her to the vet. Many hours, lots of nerves, and hundred of dollars later, we found out she had a mouth infection and lost all of her teeth, save one. Poor snaggletooth!

On Wednesday...I popped by Glenna and Tony's amazing fundraiser for the American Diabetes Association before ringing in four happy years with Erik at Choptank. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment