Thursday, June 30, 2011

6 things... (wedding whirlwind version)


1. Flew to Raleigh, picked up my parents, and then jetted to Los Angeles.
2. Stayed in five different hotels out of the six nights we were there. Best bed: the Marriott.
3. Rented a car, navigated the freeways and spent countless hours in traffic. Coming from New York, it was extreme culture shock.
4. Walked the Santa Monica pier with my adorable family and saw the Hollywood sign (from the freeway).
5. Saw all of my aunts and uncles and three of my cousins for the first time in more than a decade. Geez, everyone in my family is super duper tall. I feel shortchanged (literally).
6. Watched my brother marry his perfect match in the most beautiful, fun ceremony. There's a Chinese saying, "fang xin," which means to "let go of your heart," or release any worry. That's the way I feel about their union. It makes me happy to know that Tim will always have the loveliest, sweetest partner to walk with him throughout life. Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment