Sunday, November 11, 2012

6 things...

...I did this week.

1. Volunteered in the Rockaways with my friend Amanda, who I love for many reasons, but also because she is one of the doing-est people that I know. Even though she was swamped with work deadlines, she made helping a priority. So Friday was spent delivering water, hot meals, and other supplies to a powerless building in the Rockaways. There were so many elderly people trapped on the top floors; without elevators and companions, they have essentially been stranded without power, heat, communication, and running water for the past two weeks. The elevators didn't work and the halls were pitch-black and frightening (and often dreadful-smelling). I pray that power is restored swiftly.
2. Celebrated Obama's victory! Erik has been working overtime campaigning, even turning his office into a call center. So in addition to our country's future, my partner's mental health rode on this election. :) I truly believe in Obama as a leader, and I have faith that he is going to accomplish amazing things over the next four years.
3. Felt exhausted! Even though I logged plenty of shut-eye, I was wiped this week. As my wise friend Sarah pointed out, it's been a stressful week, with all the Sandy disruption. All that worry and distraction finally caught up with me.
4. Worked like bananas. I've fallen behind, thanks to the chaotic week (see previous), and we're headed on vacation this week. As Cathy from the comics would say, ACK!
5. Cashed in a gym pass. I know I've said it before, but, man! I am no longer a gym person. It is quite possibly the most boring thing ever. I'd much rather be running, hiking, or surfing outside. Only lasted half an hour on the elliptical before I had to call it quits.
6. Went to Fake Thanksgiving. It was delicious and fun, and I feel more thankful for all of my blessings than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment