Sunday, February 17, 2013

love list


Things that I've been loving lately...

1. Yoga. Between the marathon and triathlon training and surfing, my practice dropped off last year. But I've revived it, going three or four times a week, and it's had such a huge impact. I feel calmer, stronger, and more grounded; I'm even managing tricky poses like the side crow! Although my schedule is going to get crazy again this spring and summer, I still want to make yoga a priority.
2. Audible. Is it bad that this writer is only listening to books on iPod? Don't answer that! I've been catching up on my "reading" (current book: The History of Love) while washing dishes, running errands, and commuting.
3. Photo booths. My new photo booth project: Taking an old-timey strip with Erik on the same day each year. We kicked it off with a silly strip and skeeball in our neighborhood.
4. Scandal. I started watching this over-the-top political soap opera when I was sick, and now I'm hooked.
5. Minimizing. Between Erik's clothing samples and the swag I got when I was a staff editor, we've accumulated a lot of...stuff. Lately I've been purging, and it feels oh so good. I've also resolved to fight my urge to buy or accept more (unnecessary) stuff. New mindset: Less is more!

No comments:

Post a Comment