Monday, September 22, 2014

from wu to waves



Hello! Hope everyone out there had a lovely week. Mine was packed with lots of W activities: waves, Wu Tang, and words. On Saturday night, Erik and I went to a hip-hop show at the Barclay's Center. We watched from backstage, and it was fascinating to witness the behind-the-scenes dynamics. Watching the rush of entourage clamoring to get on stage made me realize that I never want to become a rap star; they must get pressed by so many people on a daily basis! Also, it was pretty amazing to see so many people wearing Erik's clothes. So proud of my hard-working and brilliant husband. On the opposite side of the spectrum, a fun swell hit this week. I dawn-patrolled at Long Beach with Sara; battled the dudes at Rockaway; and surfed the empty Gilgo beach break with Tom, Kim, and Sarah. For every awesome long wave that I caught, I ate it on at least three others. Ah, surfing, always so humbling! To round out my time, I wrote, edited, and repeated. Here's to a fun fall. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment