Saturday, June 11, 2016

life with lola: five weeks



Just when I was feeling pretty cocky about motherhood ("why do people say this is so tough?"), Lola hit her four-to-five week growth spurt. Our sweet little thing has been pretty fussy lately. A few days ago, she cried and flailed almost around the clock. Oh my exhaustion. Erik and I traded off, which made me so grateful to have such a wonderful partner. I can't imagine doing this all on my own (mega-props to all those single mothers out there!).



The trade-off for the sleep deprivation? Our girl has made some developmental leaps. It's so cool to watch your kid change right before your eyes. She's watching and tracking objects, starting to coo, and rewarding us with smiles. Swoon!



Mom and Dad also made some milestones: We've been getting out! Our pediatrician recommended avoiding crowds for the first eight weeks (because a fever requires a hospital visit), so we haven't left the house much. That's been one of the hardest changes for me. Even though Lola and I go for a daily walk, I've been feeling a little stir-crazy. But Erik and I ate dinner al fresco the other night, and even made it to the beach.

I did flash my boob in front of a group of people to nurse, and Erik and I wound up eating our tacos over the trunk of our car because we didn't want to interrupt Lola's nap… but, hey, we're learning!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete