Wednesday, July 6, 2016

life with lola: nine weeks



I keep waiting for a chunk of time to be able to write a thoughtful and coherent post … and I'm realizing that's not going to happen. So here's a brain dump: Life with Lola at nine weeks has been beautiful, full, and, at times, challenging. For me, motherhood has unlocked another life level: My love is more intense, my highs are soaring (she's smiling at me!), and my lows are a true test of strength (why won't she stop crying?).

Lola's changing so quickly these days. Weighing in at a whopping 10 pounds, she's gone from a sleepy newborn to an alert two-month-old. She rewards us with smiles, watches us intently, and makes her displeasure known in the loudest red-faced way. Her little personality is starting to shine through, and it's the coolest thing.

As for me, I'm trying to figure out how to balance being Sharon with being mom, if that makes sense. Breastfeeding and tending to Lola takes up most of my day, and I'm still figuring out how to squeeze in some work and me time in there, too. I'm sure I'll work out this new version of myself with time.

All in all, I'm grateful to be able to stay home with Lola and soak up her perfect-ness. She's only this little once! And so, so thankful for Erik being the most supportive partner and the most loving dad. What a life … I'm the luckiest.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete