Sunday, August 29, 2010

dirty thirties


Fun weekend! Yesterday morning I got up and knocked out a 9-mile run over the Williamsburg bridge, along the East River, down to the South Street Seaport and back. It felt good to hit my running stride again! And I love doing long runs into Manhattan; there's something so meditative about zoning out to music and watching people of all shape, sizes, and backgrounds in the midst of their morning routine. Later in the day, I headed out to Queens to celebrate my pal Alice's 30th birthday at a humongo beer garden. It was a gorgeous afternoon, perfect for sipping pale ales and playing card games. Afterward, Erik and I gorged on fresh seafood at a Greek restaurant in Astoria, and then came home passed out by 11 p.m. Because, clearly, that's what 30-somethings do on Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment