Saturday, August 7, 2010

handling it with laughter


So our vacation came to a bit of a turning point yesterday. Erik got a serious sunburn and is super uncomfortable; I went on a stroll to the lighthouse that turned out to be a 2-hour trek in the scorching sun; and we spent too much money for horrible food. To top it all off, we felt like 14-year-olds because we didn't have a car and were trapped at the house. But we still managed to laugh throughout it all. Erik did a crab dance in all of his tomato-redness that had me howling; I texted Erik that I was coming home a different race due to all the sun; and we caught a cab and headed to Surf Lodge, which made us feel like 30-something New Yorkers again. On an unrelated note, I'm way obsessed with this Joel Gauthier painting that's hanging above our bed. It makes me happy. I'm trying to convince Erik to paint one with Monkeycat in the foreground.

No comments:

Post a Comment