Wednesday, October 13, 2010

three-two


Holy macaroni. Today is my birthday, which means I've been on this earth exactly 32 years. Whoa! But, as Aaliyah once sang, age ain't nothing but a number. I have to agree; I'm finding that life gets more fun with each passing year. And, so far, my birthday has been happy indeed. I rang it in last night at the top of the very fancy Standard Hotel (even their stairwells are stylish!). Erik and Kenshin are featured in the latest issue of Day Trip magazine, so we headed to the release party and soaked up the beautiful view and fun tunes with friends. Since I have the day off of work today, I've spent the morning doing my absolute favorite things: sleeping in, eating, giggling with Erik, snuggling with my cat, running, and chatting to friends and family on the phone. I'm realizing that all of the old adages are, in fact, true: Material things matter less and less as you age; the most important gift of all is time.

No comments:

Post a Comment