Monday, October 18, 2010

travel itch




Today I worked 11 straight hours. Boo! Hiss! So on the train ride home, I daydreamed about my past and future adventures. I conjured up images of the sun rising over the Nile river as the felucca's sail billowed above; Lisa and I jumping from a waterfall into a crystal-clear pool in a Thai rainforest; and a million motorcycles whizzing by me on a crowded Taipei street. I also remembered the cool drizzle as I swam next to Costa Rican mountains and the smoky mustiness of the overnight train from Beijing to Inner Mongolia. Running through my memory reel made me realize that traveling is worth every single penny and frustration/panic caused by taking time off of work. Next on my dream list is Vietnam and Cambodia. Then I'd love to go to Barcelona to see the architecture; Greece to soak up the beautiful white-and-blue scenery; India to walk around the Taj Mahal; and Japan to eat delicious food with good friends. Ah, life is so exciting! [Pics: Taipei, Ko Samet, Abu Simbel]

No comments:

Post a Comment