Saturday, June 2, 2012

obsessed



It's safe to say that my affection is hard-earned. It takes a while to become a very close friend, and even longer for me to fall head-over-heels. Heavens, it was a full year before Erik and I exchanged our first ""I love you"s. But once I commit, I'm loyal to a fault. That's certainly true with my newest obsession: surfing. Even though I'm still very much a beginner, I'm totally smitten. Last week, we surfed the Rockaways, then feasted on fish tacos and beer. Yesterday, Sarah and I did our first dawn patrol (!). We woke up before 5 AM and navigated the lineup on our own with the amazing pros, Sara and Brian, who were so kind to loan us boards and a wetsuit. (Insert: swoon.) And today, I'm off again with Kim and Dite. Kind of ridiculous. But so far, it's a total honeymoon; surfing always makes me happy and shows me a good time. And when else am I going to have the time and opportunity? You only live once!

No comments:

Post a Comment