Thursday, July 26, 2012

a little pause


How lovely is this street art that I passed the other day in Williamsburg? (I'm going to pretend that it's not advertising for, say, a new energy drink.) Anyway, I thought it was a nice little reminder for me to take a moment and appreciate everything in life. As you've probably surmised, my summer has been crammed with triathlons, surf days, trips, marathon training and (lots and lots of) deadlines. Not that I'd have it any other way, but it's been easy to rush from point A to B without taking a breath.

***Tangent: After reading this funny piece on "The Busy Trap," I've come to conclude that the writer did not grow up in the suburbs of North Carolina. While I appreciate his sentiment, for me, being busy is a privilege. It means that I've clawed my way out of the land of strip malls and sitcom TV and built an exciting life for myself. That said, there's a difference between being busy for busy's sake and being busy because there are so many things you want to do in life.***

Oh, right, back to the point: There are only a few precious weeks of summer left, and I want to savor every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment