Sunday, August 5, 2012

6 things...


...I did this week:

1. Played in the ocean. On Friday, I met Lisa and Linden for a waist/shoulder-high day. The big waves brought out the real surfers! Once I got over the intimidation of being in a for-serious-dude lineup, it was so fun. Saturday was a girl's beach day; we laughed and joked in the waves and grabbed tacos and beers afterwards. My version of heaven. :)
2. Caught up with friends. In NYC, it's so easy to go a month or more without seeing a good buddy. Last week I was able to have dates with a few, and Erik and I even went to his friend's show at another pal's new venue in Bushwick.
3. The price that I paid for all of that fun: I worked around the clock meeting deadlines during the week. Can you say sleep deprivation? Phew.
4. Watched the Olympics. I love witnessing all that determination and hard work unfold during a race. Seeing the swimmers race reminded me of my competitive swimming past. Those long hours in the pool and weight room (often 5 hours a day!) taught me so much about leadership, challenges, and goals.
5. Kept up my marathon training. I'm up to 13 miles, which I logged in this morning's humidity. It was like running through soup.
6. Spent some QT with my handsome guy, fuzzy cat, and mom (via FaceTime). They make me so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment