Saturday, September 1, 2012

Raleigh visit




When life gets hectic, I complain about making trips down to North Carolina: I have so many deadlines; I'd much rather be spending my free time having fun with Erik and friends; Raleigh is the most boring place on earth. UGH. But as soon as I step out of the airport terminal and see my little mom's excited face at the end, those feelings instantly melt away. Because for every "aw, man" as I'm waiting in my mom's doctor's office (for FOUR HOURS) and scrolling through my friends' beachy Labor Day pics, there's a "so glad you home" that just makes my heart swell a zillion sizes. Love.

My weekend in pics: 1. Mom's welcome home dinner 2. A 16-mile run in NC humidity
3. Mom swimming at Optimist Park (her first time in three decades!) in Erik's old swim trunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment