Friday, December 21, 2012

Team Freedom does Queens


When I went freelance, I imagined going on leisurely bike rides and beach trips for the better part of the week. In reality, I spend most of my time chained to my computer or tethered to my phone. But, once in a while, I have a gem of a day that makes it all so, so worth it. Take this past Monday: In honor of Heather's month of freedom, we decided to hit up Spa Castle. If you've never been, you must go! Located in Flushing, this three-story building is a Korean spa-food court-water park hybrid. It's insane. After dunking into hot-and-cold tubs and sweating in salt, jade, and other various saunas, we finished the day sipping lagers in a hot tub on the roof. It was so nice to feel the cold nip of the winter air on my cheeks as the rest of my muscles unwound in the steamy water. When we were all thoroughly relaxed, we headed to a delicious hot pot restaurant. I ate so much of the spicy broth that my forehead had a sweaty sheen. It was such a fun girls' day. How lucky are we?

No comments:

Post a Comment