Thursday, April 25, 2013

6 things...


...I've been up to lately:

1. Driving! Since the A train is still out, we've been renting ZipCars and driving out the beach to surf. My summer goal: Learn how to parallel park.
2. Reunion-ing. I've done drinks and lunch with a few groups of former colleagues these past few weeks. How quickly time flies! When I crunched the numbers, I realized that a full DECADE had passed since I last saw one lovely coworker. Yikes.
3. Deciding. Erik and I finally picked a place to have our wedding/party. Huzzah! This whole marital process has been such a fascinating exercise in figuring out what we want versus societal/industry pressures and expectations. I'm so lucky to have a partner who can laugh about it all, too. :)
4. Eating. Most brides try to slim down for their big day, but I'm kicking it up to gluttonous mode. Besides eating a humongous bagel every office day (gotta kick that habit), I also feasted on Momofuku Ssam last night. Yum!
5. Running. I'm training for the Brooklyn Half, and I just signed up for the NYC Marathon this year. I nearly shed a tear when I clicked the button, but it's happening -- knocking this one off the bucket list. No natural or man-made disasters, please!
6. Grinding. Trying to set the stage for a more relaxed summer. This song has been my go-to while meeting deadlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment