Wednesday, May 15, 2013

missing piece


Lately, I've been both really sad and happy at the same time. It's a strange feeling. All of this wedding talk has me glowing with joy, but at the same time there's a little tug at the bottom of my heart. Or, to put it more accurately, a trigger in my tear ducts, something that I quickly blink away before anyone even notices. You see, the more I think about my own wedding, the more I miss my little dad. I've never been the kind of girl who dreamed about white dresses or flowers; really the only thing that I really pictured on my wedding day was seeing my dad's eyes, loving and strict and gentle, beneath those funny triangle eyebrows of his. That's when reality stings, and I ache. So it was with a smile and tears that I received my "uncle's" email containing old pictures of my dad as a young man. (Dad's on the far left in the one above.) His high school buddy had heard of my engagement and reached out. So lovely, right? The timing couldn't have been more perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment