Friday, July 26, 2013

happy.



The other day I bumped into an acquaintance I hadn't seen in awhile. "How are you?" she squealed. Without missing a beat, I responded, "Really good. Happy!" After we parted ways, I realized that I truly meant what I said. I've always been a glass-half-full kinda person, but when I was younger, there was a little nagging voice of more, more, more. I don't think I even realized it at the time, but I was never 100% satisfied with the present. In the back of my head, I'd think: I should be making more money, landing more plum assignments, doing more exciting things, etc. Somewhere in my 30's, I finally shook this mentality. (Well, mostly, still have lapses now and again.) Who knows what the future will hold, but it's so nice, being in this peaceful space right now. There's no place I'd rather be!

No comments:

Post a Comment