Thursday, July 11, 2013

wedding update!


It's no secret that Erik and I thought long and hard about whether to even have a wedding in the first place. In fact, everything pointed towards us eloping: We don't have family pressure. We're untraditional. We're frugal. We don't have the time to plan out a big event. But, after a lot of debate and tossing around scenarios, we decided to go forward with the wedding route (with some apprehension, I'll admit). And I have to say: It feels like the right decision. As I grow older and life gets even faster and busier, it's been tricky to meet up with many of my friends, who live far away and have kids, mortgages, etc. It's meant so much to me to feel their love and plan out a reunion. I don't think I'll ever truly care about all the little details (uhhhh, what favors? color scheme who?), but this...THIS...is what's important to me. I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment