Monday, December 16, 2013

day at the ballet



After a week of bikinis and flip-flops, it was rough coming back to deadlines and snowstorms. Grumpy! Fortunately, I had a mid-week break that put me in more of a holiday mood. Amanda invited me as her plus-one to an event, where we got to play ballerinas with the NYC Ballet. I'm about as klutzy as they come, but it was fun and we got to wear leg warmers. After a delicious lunch at the gorgeous restaurant in Lincoln Center (who knew?) and tour of the stage, we watched a matinee showing of the Nutcracker. I hadn't seen it in years, and the plot is pretty crazy. Killing an army rats and then feasting on a bunch of junk food? Balanchine must've been a born-and-bred New Yorker. It was such a lovely festive day and melted a bit of my Grinch-like attitude. How many more weeks till summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment