Thursday, December 12, 2013

costa rica fun




I'm home from another incredible surf trip with six incredible ladies and lots of fun new friends! The conditions were perfect for learning, and we spent five hours a day in the water. Super excited by how much we all progressed. The surf camp people sent us home with video footage of our waves, and, after watching mine, I realized that my strengths and flaws in the ocean are the same as on land. While I'm good about charging without fear, I need to work on my patience and selection. (Can't tell you how many times I took off on a close-out, only to paddle back into the perfect waves behind it.) I'm also excellent at setting and achieving goals. My latest: getting barreled by age 60. Mark my words, it'll happen; I wanna be the gray-haired lady tucked inside the wave!

No comments:

Post a Comment