Wednesday, November 27, 2013

thankful



A few years back, a coworker jokingly asked how I'm nearly always in a good mood. We laughed it off, but the answer is that I'm just...grateful. As cheesy as it sounds, not a week goes by when I don't thank my lucky stars for this life of mine. It's far from perfect, but it's perfect for me! With that said, here are a few things I'm feeling extra thankful about this year:

1. My family and friends. I read a line once that went something like, "the true test of friendship isn't how the react during a tragedy, but how they act during a time of celebration." They've been there for me in the roughest patches, and they were by my side at my wedding, one of the happiest days in my life. I love them.
2. My body. The older I become, the less I dwell on what my body looks like, and more on what it can do. It's carried me through triathlons, surf trips, and all 26.2 miles of a marathon. My body is healthy and strong and full of energy, and for that, I'm so grateful.
3. My upbringing. As much as I joke that my first-generation childhood was no-frills, it made me the person that I am today. It's because of my parents that I believe in hard work, loyalty, unconditional love, and the little pleasures in life -- all of the qualities that I'm most proud to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment