Friday, November 15, 2013

6 things...


…that I've been up to this week:

1. Adjusted to the chilly temps and time change. Brr! I've been living in my flannel, sweatpants, and cozy socks.
2. Did a big long walk with Erik. We strolled over the bridge, shopped around, and went to a gallery opening for his friends. City rambles are my favorite; there's always something new to see, experience, or eat.
3. Got together with my favorite surf chicas. I miss the ocean. Fingers crossed that there's waves this weekend. It's been so long, I'm not sure I'll remember what to do.
4. Ordered a mattress pad. Our bed is (no joke) probably 12+ years old, and we keep holding out on buying a new one. As a temporary fix, we ordered a fluffy pillow top deal. Hello, awesome! Our bed is so cozy now that I never want to get up.
5. Enjoyed my first non-training week. Although I've been up to my eyeballs in deadlines, so my brain's still in marathon-endurance mode.
6. Did a life-and-gratitude check. Recently there have been a few sad and hard things that have reminded me of life's brevity. The other day I read a quote that struck me: "In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you." - Buddha. Isn't that lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment