Tuesday, May 27, 2014

6 things...



…I've been up to lately (Memorial Day weekend version):

1. Beached, barbecued, and caught a few with a fun group of Rockaway friends. The best!
2. Roamed around the city with my absolute favorite dude. We waited out a summer rainstorm beneath a canopy (swoon), watched the new Godzilla in 3-D (meh), and feasted on Peruvian chicken (yes!).
3. Discovered my favorite beauty product: baking soda. Mixed with a little water or Cetaphil, it acts as a gentle exfoliant. Also used it in lieu of shampoo, which made my hair really shiny and bouncy.
4. Slept a solid 12 hours one night and took a nap the next day. I feel like a new human.
5. Borrowed Ruth's skateboard and cruised. I'm terrible, but it's a blast. I'm contemplating getting one and becoming that weird old lady wobbling around while 13-year-old boys zip by. Ha.
6. Gave ourselves some time off. Erik and I have been grinding hard lately, so it was heavenly to take a break and hang out on the patio. Since we're both workers by nature, we have to force ourselves to do nothing once a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment