Sunday, May 18, 2014

weekend warrior



The weather has been gorgeous this weekend, and I've been maxing out on it. Saturday was the Brooklyn Half Marathon. I was nervous because I've run a total of three times this spring, but it went surprisingly well. Amanda and I ran together, which made the miles zip by and, by the time we reached mile 10, we realized that we were on target for her PR. Awesome! My final time was 1:53:39, which isn't my fastest but I'm thrilled nonetheless. When I got home, Erik and I hopped on our bikes for a long ride. We checked out Long Island City and the former insane asylum and FDR park on Roosevelt Island. There's always something to explore in New York! This morning, I hit the waves for three hours, and then just did some cooking and baking (my favorite blueberry muffins) for the week. I'm pooped! Ha. If you'll excuse me, I'm just going to lay comatose for a while now...

No comments:

Post a Comment