Monday, June 22, 2015

weekend vibes


Summer's here and, despite the rainy, cool weather, I'm taking full advantage. I finally didn't have to write this weekend! On Friday, Monkey and I had a rare girls' night in. We posted up on the couch with snacks and watched a cute movie (Begin Again). On Saturday, I headed out to Gilgo with Sarah and Kim. Although there were no waves, we went for a long walk on the beach; rode cruisers around the neighborhood; played bocce and barbecued (all while Tom was toiling away on his house). The next day, I slept in, and surfed Rockaway in the late afternoon. Around 5:30, the crowds thinned and the winds switched offshore. The water felt soft and refreshing, and a rainbow appeared overhead before disappearing into a pink-and-purple sunset. So magical! I even got home in time to make dinner and bake a batch of oatmeal chocolate-chip cookies. Finding balance in my life is an ongoing process, and I'm making strides!

No comments:

Post a Comment