Saturday, December 11, 2010

this month's lunch money


Isn't this pic too funny? It's from a high school 70s-slash-Christmas party. Anyway, I posted it because it's one of the only digital pics I have with my friend Pat, who's in the middle with the glasses and corduroy suit. He was one of my best pals back then; we carpooled to swim practice, nicknamed each other Patio and Sharo, and did hip-hop body shop for fun. The thing I love about Pat is that he's the kinda guy who is adored by everyone—parents, coaches, teachers, jocks, and misfits alike. It's because he's always been such a gentleman, full of kindness and grace, which he learned from his loving family. Last week, sadly, Pat's father passed away after a long battle with cancer. So this month's lunch money goes toward cancer research in honor of Pat and his pops. I donated via my friend Amanda's Team in Training campaign for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society. Although it's not much, it felt good to something, anything against this senseless disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment