Friday, December 31, 2010

2010


My initial thought about this past year was that it was fairly uneventful: I stayed in the same apartment, job, and relationship. No one had any catastrophic illnesses (knock wood), and there wasn't a long worldwide trip. But, when coming up with this post, I realized that I did do plenty of cool stuff this year: I appeared in on a national news show and a rap video. In February, I went snowboarding with John and Tim in Park City; they tricked me into going on a black diamond slope (yikes!). Then I hit up Sundance and rubbed shoulders with celebrities. Throughout the year, I took a series of super-fun trips with my adventure girls: We went surfing with Matt in Long Beach Island, camping and hiking in the Catskills, and snowboarding on Butternut and Hunter mountains. On the flipside, Erik and I lounged like sloths in Puerto Plata (profiterole!) and Montauk (where I gave him hair spray instead of sunscreen). Some good buddies, like Tricia, Bill, Laura, Shawn, Meg, Mehdy, Tim, John, and Tim E., came to visit; plus, I caught up with Lisa when I went to Chicago on a business trip. As for achievements, I started this blog and one for work, and ran the New York City and Philly half-marathons. Love was in the air, too: We toasted and danced at Sarah and Craig's gorgeous fete in the city, Ro and Mag's sweet shindig on Shelter Island, and Dwayne and Sarah's garden wedding in Portland, Oregon. Finally, I spent plenty of time on the couch with my two favorites! Not too shabby, 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment