Monday, August 15, 2011

eye-yah


So this is how I looked for most of the weekend. On Saturday, my eye started hurting. Half of it was red and scary-looking. Ugh. This is when I realized that, for the first time in my adult life, I was uninsured. You see, since going freelance, I've been taking my sweet time signing up for a new health insurance plan. There have been plenty of excuses--I've been busy; there's an overwhelming number of choices; the Cobra administrator lady at my crappy old company disappeared. Yes, I know this is not the smartest move for a health editor whose hobbies include surfing, biking in traffic and swimming in the Hudson. Anyway, I was a blind, whiny mess all of Sunday (since my glasses are broken. Every 5 minutes, I forced Erik to look at my eye (poor guy). But after extensive Googling, I've determined that I probably scratched my cornea. If it gets worse or shows signs of infection, I'll head to a Duane Reade clinic tomorrow. And then, after that, I've gotta get moving on this whole insurance thing. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment