Wednesday, September 28, 2011

technical difficulties


Today was one of those ARGHHHH kinda days. My Internet has been temperamental lately, and today it decided to call in sick altogether. On top of that, AT&T decided to make my apartment a dead zone, so I missed a bunch of expert interviews. And this is all while I'm scrambling to meet a bunch of post-cold, pre-vacation deadlines. Although it was frustrating, I did manage to find the silver lining. I wound up going to the Brooklyn Public Library to get some free WiFi (is it just me, or are Brooklyn coffee shops louder than a nightclub?). I forgot how awesome the library is; I checked out a guidebook on Rome and some reads I've been wanting to sink my teeth in. And then I went on a long walk at dusk, and just the sight of the New York skyline twinkling over the East River washed away my worries. In the grand scheme of things, I'm really a lucky girl. Even so, today merits a beer, right?

Edited to add: Looks like I'm going to be without Internet until later this week, so bear with the sparse posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment