Wednesday, September 25, 2013

good enough



There's no denying it: I'm one lucky duck. After the wedding, Erik and I had one day to recuperate before jetting off on Tuesday to Negril for a quick getaway. It was total perfection; we swam in the crystal-clear sea, lounged in our beachfront villa, and ate some of the most delicious food I've ever tasted! Since getting back on Saturday, I've been working around the clock playing catch-up, because I'm set to head to the Hamptons this weekend (for a girls' trip) and Tucson on Monday (for a "work" trip). I thought my time all budgeted out, but I got a few surprise emergency revises from editors, as is always the case. Between all of that, and a weird cold and insane skin rash (according to Dr. Google, a sun allergy...I looked like a Klingon!), I haven't been running much at all...and the marathon is fast approaching. Ack. Part of me is freaking the eff out, but the other part is like "meh, it won't be pretty, but you'll finish." I'm opting to go with the latter train of thought. It's taken me years, but I'm slowly starting to realize: sometimes getting by is good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment