Monday, September 23, 2013

wedding recap: was it worth it?



So remember right after our engagement, when Erik and I were struggling whether or not to have a wedding? We couldn't be happier that we did the dang thing! Besides that initial what-are-we-doing-how-much-are-we-spending stage, the entire process was so super fun (well, minus few silly spats). Planning brought Erik and I even closer together: There were so many meaningful moments, like writing our ceremony script and reminiscing while putting together our music playlist. And then the wedding, and week leading up to it, was simply magical. It was one of those rare moments in life when everything is sparkly and perfect -- and I actually realized it. Throughout the night, I kept taking little mental pictures with my eyes so that the moment would stay with me always. Looking back, the thing I'm most proud of is that we stayed true to ourselves. It can be tricky, but I'm here to say that is possible to have the day of your dreams without spending an insane amount or going crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment