Wednesday, October 16, 2013

mom time



Okay, I've said it before, but how adorable is my mom? She makes getting up at 5 a.m. to catch a flight after staying up all night to make a deadline totally worth it. After picking me up this morning, we've been on a mission. First, we put flowers on my dad's grave. It's become such a special ritual: I clean off his headstone while my mom tells him everything that's happened recently, from my getting married to the status of the lawn. Today, mom said (in Chinese), "you must be comfortable." Which, at first I thought was a funny thing to say, but then I realized that she was spot-on. My dad would be so content and happy to know that his family is thriving. Then we hit up Grand Asia, where mom bought lunch and a year's supply of rice. Still on the to-do list: sorting through some paperwork, going to the doctor's, and a few around-the-house projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment