Friday, October 11, 2013

reminder to self



Lately, I've been thinking about how an action that seems tiny to me might have a bigger impact on someone else. Since my cup is pretty full these days, I've been trying to pay it forward with small acts of kindness and little donations to worthy causes. Sometimes, when I'm feeling busy or lazy, I'll think "meh, what does it really matter?" and want to go on with my day without deviating from the path. To remain in my cozy cocoon of a life and not want to make an effort, which, let's be honest, is how I feel much of the time. But this post is a reminder to myself that the extra step is always worth it, and that karma will boomerang back.

Prime example: Monkey. I rescued that cat from a shelter, and she was the lemon of the group because she wasn't friendly at all. In the beginning, when she scratched me like crazy, I doubted my decision. But now she makes me laugh every day, and has given me so much joy! I mean, look at her using my neck pillow as a bean bag chair...what a character!

No comments:

Post a Comment