Monday, April 28, 2014

asheville



Spent the weekend in Asheville, NC, for Mara and Erik's breathtaking wedding! Because my Erik couldn't attend, I flew into Raleigh and took my cute mom. It turned out to be such a lovely weekend for both of us, even though (or perhaps because?) we rocked it senior-citizen style. We stayed a little outside of the city at a cozy cabin. Every day we woke up and had our coffee in beneath an old oak tree covered with wisteria and gazed at the pretty mountain views. One day, we walked around charming downtown Asheville, ate Indian food and ice cream, and did some window shopping. We also drove a little of the Blue Ridge Parkway and hiked around the Arboreteum. On Saturday night, I headed to the wedding, which took place on the most gorgeous farm, complete with horses and lush greenery. The evening was filled with love, happiness, dancing, and delicious eats! So happy for those two perfectly matched people. The next day, we stopped by a little bakery on our way out of town and I caught up with a dear college pal. Even though it's probably been 10 years since I last saw her, it felt like a day hadn't gone by; the best kind of friendship. Now I'm back to the grind, but full of happiness and fun memories.

Quote of the day: "Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life." - Dolly Parton

No comments:

Post a Comment