Tuesday, April 15, 2014

barbados love





Home from an epic trip to Barbados! We had the most amazing time; I didn't expect to fall in love with the island as much as I did. Everything was so easy and relaxing, from the crystal-blue water and long lefts at Freight's to the gentle breeze and sound of the ocean lulling me to sleep each night. Every day we surfed for about four hours. At first, I was bummed that the waves weren't bigger -- in the two-to-three feet range -- but it actually worked out because it forced me to work on my technique instead of just holding on for dear life. I concentrated on my turns and carving up and down the wave, and even tried cross-stepping. (It's so cool to learn something new as an adult and track your progress!) Our late afternoons and evenings were free, so we ate dinner out and explored the island: One day, we went snorkeling with giant turtles, and on another, we drove to the other side of the island, hiked along the rocky coast, and swam in tide pools. We even entered a dance contest at the local hotspot and won a bottle of rum. All in all, it was a magical time with some rad ladies! As a friend of mine posted on Facebook the other day: "Travel is the only thing you can buy that makes you richer."

No comments:

Post a Comment