Monday, June 9, 2014

summertime



And finally, it's summer in Brooklyn, which is the greatest time of year in the greatest city on Earth. I have a little reprieve before starting up my next gig, so I've been enjoying lots of friend-filled adventures outside. Thanks to a swell, I hit the beach three days in a row. One morning, the sun rose over the horizon and it was picture-perfect: The black silhouettes of surfers right where the pinkish-orange sky met the blue ocean. So pretty. On Saturday, we headed down to Bed-Stuy for John and Sarah's rooftop barbecue. Dang, they know how to throw down! After feasting on ribs, burgers, watermelon, and pie, Erik and I rode our bikes home. Nothing screams summer like whizzing by al fresco restaurants, inhaling the smoky scent of grills in a perfectly warm breeze. It's one of my favorite things in the whole world. We certainly endured one of the most frigid winters in history, but this -- THIS! -- is the payoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment