Monday, June 23, 2014

the good and the bad



The good:

1. Erik's younger sisters visited last weekend, and we showed them around Brooklyn. After growing up with a brother on a street full of boys (read: tomboy ground zero), it's rad to have so many women in my life now.
2. I started up a part-time in-office summer gig. The work is fun, and my coworkers are beyond lovely!
3. Looks like I'm going to go on a mini-family vacay with Tim and mom. So excited. I love them.

The bad:

1. Our fridge is broken and my landlady is in denial about it. Guess we'll be living on takeout for the time being, ugh.
2. The surf is flat. Plus, I hurt my ankle so I can't run. On the upside, I've been doing a lot of yoga and biking lately. We rode down to the Brooklyn art museum to catch the Ai Wei Wei exhibit and then waited in line for Ample Hills ice cream (verdict: delicious but stomachache-inducing).
3. Helping mom with her healthcare, so I'm mucking through the red tape insanity. Does it really need to be this complicated?

No comments:

Post a Comment