Monday, December 14, 2015

rincon girls' trip



One of the best lessons I've learned from surfing is that, for me, it's not about being the best. But, rather, it's about the fun and amazing friends you make along the way. Last week's girls' trip to Rincon was the perfect example! We met Mariana on a trip to El Salvador, reconnected in Figure Eight, and she graciously invited us to her little piece of paradise in Rincon, Puerto Rico.

It was such a relaxing trip. We surfed every day, except for one delightful lounge-about Monday, where I napped for three hours. The waves were small but fun, which was ideal for my second-trimester belly, which I swear grew like crazy over the course of the week. We surfed Jobos and Domes, but our favorite was the less-crowded Parking Lots, where we made friends with hilarious (and apparently legendary) old-dude long boarders. They were so graceful to watch.



But the best part was all the quality girlfriend time. Mariana has a six-year-old daughter, Liliana, who is the cutest and sweetest, with just the right amount of badass. She made me so excited to have a little girl of my own! And Mariana is such an inspiration of a mom. She's so loving and laid-back, still surfs regularly, and makes it all look like such a joy.

Every morning, we'd make breakfast and chat, and then head out for a surf-beach day. In the late afternoon, we'd come back and lounge around, or go to a poolside bar, splash around, and feast on fried things. In the evening, we'd head out to a delicious restaurant, and then come home and curl up with a movie or grab a drink (well, non-alcoholic for me). It was the perfect trip with the perfect friends. So lucky to have such incredible women in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment