Saturday, January 2, 2016

happy 2016!



Happy New Year, everyone! What a year of fun adventures, personal growth, and tough challenges. I kicked off the year with an icy dip in the Atlantic for the Coney Island Polar Bear Plunge, and didn't stop trucking for the next 365 days. I did a lot of traveling, with trips to Sweden, San Diego, Costa Rica, Los Angeles, Cuba, and Puerto Rico. I logged a lot of wonderful surf days at Gilgo with Tom and the girls; a snowy weekend in Montauk with Sara; and sunset Rockaway Fridays with Jon and Siv. Work-wise, I kicked butt, filling in on staff, taking on a few ongoing projects, and scrambling to make countless deadlines. As for setbacks, I've been dealing with my mom's accident and her ongoing care. It's not (and probably never) going to be an ideal situation, but we're doing the best we can. I'm so grateful to have Tim as brother and partner in this, and the built-in support that my dad left long after his passing.

Of course, the biggest and most monumental change of the year was getting pregnant! It's been such an exciting ride so far. Pregnancy has come with its fair share of sucky days (exhaustion, headaches, crazy hormones), but the experience is also pretty rad: hearing her heart beat, seeing her profile, marveling at my growing belly. Perhaps the greatest thing of all has been sharing Erik's joy; he is truly going to be the best dad and co-parent. I'm so stoked! I know 2016 is going to be a roller coaster of a a year, with our daughter's birth, huge move cross-country, and (probably) our moving of Mom, too. But I'm as ready as I'll ever be; sometimes you've just got to take that leap.

I know that life isn't going to unfold perfectly, and I'm going to make plenty of mistakes. But I also know that I'll be able to take it all in stride, and find joy, laughter, and happiness along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment