Wednesday, January 6, 2016

pregnancy lately: 17 weeks



This pic is actually from two weeks ago, and my belly's grown a bunch since then! Thought I'd do a little round-up of how I've been feeling lately for posterity's sake:

How I'm feeling: At 15 weeks, I had a surge of energy and thought I had made it out of the first-trimester fatigue…but nope! Figured out that baby #chinolatinomarino grows in spurts. Every so often, I'll get completely wiped out with overwhelming exhaustion, insatiable hunger, and a pounding headache for a day or two. When I re-emerge from the fog, my belly is noticeably bigger. Crazy. Also still logging a solid 10 hours of sleep a night, although I really need those two extra hours for work.

What I'm wanting: Eating smaller meals more frequently. I can't stop, won't stop with cheese and crackers paired with a fruit juice spritzer.

What I'm surprised about: It's been fun to join the parenting club! It's like I've learned a secret handshake; suddenly, friends, acquaintances, and even strangers notice my belly and want to commiserate on pregnancy and parenting. On New Year's Eve, one of Erik's homies pulled me aside and (drunkenly) waxed on about having that "next-level love" for his daughters. I laughed, but it was so sweet and touching.

Also, what is UP with all these weird pregnancy symptoms? They warn you about the nausea and sore boobs, but hello, ache in my knee. Also, my guidebook tells me that I might experience vision loss, bleeding gums, and constipation?!

What I miss: Exercise; it's such a big part of my life. I've been walking a bunch and doing pre-natal yoga and workout videos, but I miss a good sweaty run or four-hour surf. Also, I'm dying for a glass of wine (or three).

What I love: Talking about the future with Erik, who is the absolute best. Beyond grateful to have him as my life partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment