Sunday, February 7, 2016

beginning of good-bye



T minus 18 days! I can't believe my 15-year run in NYC is coming to an end. While we're ready for our next chapter, I'm starting to get all the feels. Yesterday, we went on one of our favorite pastimes, a Manhattan walkabout. We started at Babies-R-Us to do some baby gear research, which was like entering another universe. Who knew there was so much stuff at such astronomical prices? Erik had me cracking up the whole time with his running commentary. We're going to the same approach as we did for our wedding: Trim excess, tune out the you-oughtas, and find what works for us.

Afterwards, we grabbed a chocolate babka at Breads Bakery in Union Square, wandered through Washington Square Park and the village, and snacked on a Mamoun's falafel. For dinner, we split a huge pastrami reuben at Katz's. I had never made it to this NYC institution before, and it didn't disappoint. The pastrami was tender and delicious, and the atmosphere was classic. Check one off of my must-do-before-we-move list!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Good luck to you. May your life be filled with success

    ReplyDelete