Sunday, March 20, 2016

6 things… (California edition)



It's been one thing after another over here, but we're rolling with the punches and finding a lot of joy in life. Here are some things we've done recently:

1. Become chain-store regulars. Between setting up our home and buying baby gear, we've become regulars at Target, Babies R Us, IKEA, and Ralph's. Who would've guessed, but we love it! After 15 years of shopping at the local Brooklyn C-Town, I can't stop freaking out in these big box stores: "Erik, look at the selection! Look how cheap this is!" I feel like an alien, or maybe Crocodile Dundee.
2. Gobbled down tacos. It's like we've died and gone to taco truck heaven! So many delicious and fresh options for only $1 a piece. There are two amazing trucks a short walk from our house.
3. Went to yoga. My husband has gone full-on Los Angeles (Angelean?), and I was able to talk him into trying out a class at the studio up the street. We took a beginner class that was a little too gentle (we barely left our backs), so I think we'll step it up next time.
4. Saw our new ob-gyn. I was sweating this, because I'm too far along to find a new one. I was so relieved as soon as she walked into the exam room. She's the kind of woman I'd want to be around if the world was coming to an end.
5. Caught up with my friend Ana. She's another amazing person that I'd want to be around during a crisis. I can't express how awesome it is to have a friend in the city, and one that's a cool surfer mom to boot. She's the best.
6. Bought a stroller, our first major baby purchase. We're totally clueless, so we crowdsourced friends, acquaintances, and random people on the street. We wound up with a Britax travel system … we'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment