Wednesday, October 3, 2012

6 things... (surf trip version)

...we did on Figure Eight island. I think the best part of the trip, for me, was hanging out with so many rad down-for-anything, no-drama ladies. But these other activities were close runner-ups:

1. Took a nighttime boat trip around the bay.
2. Surfed super-friendly waves. They were gentle, but long enough to think on; I actually turned and stepped forward to speed up. Progress!
3. Spotted dolphins (porpoises?) swimming north.
4. Rode stand-up paddleboards. It was my first time -- not too hard, but what a workout (especially between surf sessions).
5. Went clamming. Who knew the ocean held so many delicious things? Paula whipped up her famous clam linguine with our bounty. Yum!
6. Tried wakebording. It was fun to pretend I was a surfer who could carve all around. A girl can dream, can't she? :)

Photo credits: Corine, the coolest (and only) surfing geologist that I know

No comments:

Post a Comment