Tuesday, October 2, 2012

surf trip reunion

Just got home from the most magical surf reunion weekend on Figure Eight Island. Most of the ladies from our El Salvador trip made the trek to Paula's beautiful beach house. We surfed, stand-up paddleboarded, clammed, ate, drank, wake-boarded, and just had about the best time ever. Paula and Anne used to run an East Coast women's surfing competition, so, on one day, more than 40 female rippers took over the beach break. It was amazing to meet so many interesting, accomplished women. I'm inspired by all of these successful surfer moms! And there's just something so healing about the beach; I feel like a new woman -- and my croaky voice is almost healed (thanks to Sarah for putting up with my coughs on the 12-hour drive down!). What a lucky life I lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment