Wednesday, August 14, 2013

trapeze bachelorette



On Sunday, my amazing friends surprised me with a bachelorette party! I was so shocked and touched! I'll post more about the entire experience, because it was an awesome multi-leg event, but the highlight was trapeze school. I've been wanting to try it out for ages, so I shrieked with joy when the cab pulled up to the location. The school is located on the roof of Chelsea Piers, with a beautiful view of the Hudson River and West Side Highway (which makes you feel even higher). After we strapped on a super-tight harness, the instructors gave a surprisingly short lesson. Before long, I was clambering up the rickety ladder. I'm not terribly afraid of heights, but legs turned into Jell-O as I stood on that 25-foot-high platform, gazing at the toy-sized taxis below. When the instructor yelled "hep!" I jumped and swung. I was flying! I was so focused on snaking my knees over the bar that I don't think I even enjoyed the moment. After the final hep, I let go of the bar and dropped into the net. What a thrill. I was so proud of all of us ladies -- everyone leaped off that platform without hesitation, and we all managed to do backflip dismounts and even the catch (video above). How incredible are my friends to (a) agree to participate in a crazy trapeze class and (b) plan it for my bachelorette? It sure beat teetering around in heels in a nightclub -- one of the coolest things I've done ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment