Monday, August 19, 2013

and then...rest



These weeks are just flying by! Last week was full of deadlines and friend meet-ups. On Friday, the ladies (plus Jonathan) had another summer surf day. Although it was really flat, it was fun to cruise on the baby waves and eat Roberta's pizza. On Saturday, I did my 14-mile long run with Glenna. We ran Summer Streets, one of three days when NYC shuts down Park Avenue for runners and bikers. It's so cool to go right through midtown and Grand Central! After I was through, the rest of my weekend was spent doing...nothing. Erik's away on business and my body felt off. Maybe I have a mild virus or I'm fighting off something stronger? Despite the pretty weather and my miles-long to-do list, I laid in bed for much of the weekend. I took cat-naps (literally), watched mindless Netflix, and ate my body weight in pad Thai. It was sloth-like, unproductive -- and totally necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment